"She's Never Coming Back" -Hans Koppel

Posted: Friday 19 July 2013 by Unknown in Labels: , , , , , , , , ,
0

In order to avoid being monotonous, I figured I should be reading something other than graphic/novels written/drawn by British and American authors/illustrators.

So, allow me to introduce you to Hans Koppel, Scandinavian and not afraid to be brutal.
I'm not sure what it is about them, but they can really write atrociously close-to-home sexual assault scenes (see also "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo").

"She's Never Coming Back" centres around a woman who peaked in high school and treats her husbands pretty shittily. She goes missing (much to his anguish), apparently having abandoned him and their seven year old daughter. Little do they know, Ylva is being kept closer to home than they think, and in more a bizarre situation that they could have imagined.

A novel that proves what you do in high school can very much come back and bite you in the arse, "She's Never Coming Back" is gritty and has twists that make you put the book down and do a little scream to yourself.

TRIGGER WARNINGS; violence, degrading language, rape, adultery.

I'd definitely recommend this one, read it in a day because I didn't want to put it down at all!

Until next time (probably soon, getting back into my reading groove),
Emerald Elizabeth.

0 comments: