Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Posted: Friday 19 July 2013 by Mandy in Labels: , , , , ,
0

By the third part of the famous Hunger Games trilogy, the story really starts dragging on. With this book, I had extremely hard time imagining all that was happening and the places the characters were in. The main character, Katniss Everdeen, seemed like she wasn't really present in the story, even though it was written in first person.

I have to say I do feel like Collins wrote this book extremely quickly and could have definitely made it longer. This book made me so angry and I'll try not to include spoilers. I didn't like how the whole love triangle ended. I didn't like the lack of emotion in Katniss, although again, that's what probably happens to Hunger Games victors. I didn't like how Katniss didn't show any of the traits she was originally presented with in the books - she was quite monotone and emotionless. Before, she was presented as strong and witty, but by the third book she definitely didn't seem like a strong heroine. She is quite reckless throughout the book and I was expecting a lot more.

What I did like were the new characters that were introduced. Including more appearances of the grumpy cat, who managed to entertain everyone when they were kept in a safe place during the bombings.

I can see the movie being a lot better than the book in this case, as there were so many things happening I wasn't quite sure what's taking place.

That is all for now and may the odds be ever in your favor,
Mandy xoxo


0 comments: