Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Posted: Friday 28 June 2013 by Unknown in Labels: , , , ,
0

Like most people I know the classic Jane Austin tale through one of the many film adaptations, but having heard mixed responses to the book I decided to give it a go myself. I am reminded that when I write I am “standing on the shoulders of giants”, so I feel it makes sense to study the giants as opposed to those standing on their shoulders.

Personally I love this book; I was delighted that Mr Darcy has so much more depth and intrigue than in the 2005 film adaptation (I can’t comment on any other adaptations). I know most people read the book then watch the film, but this leaves me with a sense of disappointment that the film fell short of my expectations. I prefer to watch the film and be captivated, then read the book and be blown away.

I suggest this to anyone that enjoys reading classic literature and those that enjoyed the film; it will add more background and add so much to the long loved story. Will be reading this again, but at 364 pages I may wait a while before starting it again.

Thanks for all your support
Helen

0 comments: