"Obsession" -Debra Webb

Posted: Thursday 27 June 2013 by Unknown in Labels: , , , ,
0

In my defence, I don't usually read crime fiction, especially not crime fiction with hideous amounts of sexual tension. But hey, today I was headed over to see my mama, and realised I didn't have a book (pretty unusual for me, I've normally got my head stuck in one). So I ventured into my library and TOTALLY did the whole "judging a book by its cover" thing. And besides, I need variety, it's the spice of life!

Anyway. So I find myself on the train, nose in this book. Main character Jess Harris is a tough-talking sexual-being who suffers from a serious Type-A personality and really needs to get laid. After a cock-up at work, she finds herself back in the home-town she tried so hard to get away from after graduating. Reunited with her ex love-interest, they struggle to contain themselves as they attempt to solve the case of four missing girls. 

Again, every woman in this novel is stunningly attractive, with no such mention of cellulite and only one of wrinkles (and only in passing as a reference to the main character being over 40.

Actually an interesting plot-line with an unexpectedly psychologically-disturbed un-sub, this book differs from the generic killer kidnaps girl, tortures girl, kills girl plot-line. Well done Debra Webb.

Until next time,
Emerald Elizabeth.

0 comments: